Qualifications to be a Mentor
The characteristics and requirements of the Mentor recipient include:
- Recommended as a good match with the pre-patient by TransplantTalk SC;
- Possesses a healthy understanding of both the pros and cons of transplantation;
- Has a positive attitude and is emotionally stable;
- Completed the mentor training workshop;
- Is committed to The Mentor Project and its guidelines;
- Understands and agrees to abide by confidentiality and disclaimer policies;
- Works well within the referral process;
- Makes the initial contact with the mentee within 72-hours of receiving referral;
- Listens and provides one-on-one communication support;
- Shares personal transplant path experiences that may be similar to the patients, but does not give medical advice;
- Follows up with future contacts, or meetings, agreed upon with mentee;
- Reports mentoring to TransplantTalk SC per the mentor project guidelines.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.